I opened my brain and words fell out.

So much writing, guys. So much. I'm not actually doing NaNoWriMo proper this year (when do I ever have time these days?) But I still have managed to do a ton of writing since it began. I wrote one article, one essay, and yesterday, wrote 2K words and finished a novella! It's in the beta-read/editing stages now. I do plan to submit it to Less Than Three Press, since it's a sort-of sequel to the story that was in the WON'T BACK DOWN anthology. You don't have to have read that story to read this novella, but it's nice to see recurring characters. I also just submitted something else so I've holding out hope for that too. Even the essay I wrote I'm seeking a publication in an anthology, but I don't want to say any more on that until I know more about it.

Also, I've re-jiggered my schedule to include the new collection calls and anthologies Less than Three has put out. I'm not sure I'll write for all of them, but I've scheduled them in anyway.

Anthologies:
 

 Collection Calls:
 

The only one I'm sure I really want to go for is the Fairy Tales one, because I already know what I want to write for it. I also have a nice idea for the Sharing the Season about a holiday not too many people write about so that might be a good one to do.

Today though, I started back on something I'd been writing before, and am hoping to let that sort of be my NaNo project. I'm just going to keep on going until I'm done, with a target for the end of the month. I'm only expecting it to be around 20K so I should be able to manage it. I just need to get it outlined a little clearer because there are parts I haven't really figured out yet, and I want that done before I dive in too deep. (Unintentionally amusing choice of words, because it's about the ocean).

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for my recent and upcoming submissions. Maybe pretty soon I'll have a few more published works under my belt!

What about you all? Who's doing NaNo and how's it been going?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Wednesdays: Preptober Continues!

Writing Wednesdays: I'm Back Baby!

Countdown Starts: One Month Until A Honeyed Light!